Wednesday 22 January 2014

[FROM MY KITCHEN] don't just pin it...try it! 2.0

On the weekend we tried another Pintrest recipe. I made beef pepper steak for my husband and parents after I put them all to work hanging lights, installing a TV bracket and ironing. ;)

Here are the links:

The Pin: Beef Pepper Steak
The Source: Omaha Steaks

Out of the blue one day last week I got a craving for beef pepper steak something I had not had in YEARS! I chose this one because it looked easy...other then beef + veggies there was only one other ingredient...italian dressing. Seemed odd so I gave it a try. I followed the recipe to a T other then I didn't use "Omaha Steaks". ;)

The Consensus: The italian dressing as a marinade for the beef was good - it had a bit of a tang to it. It seemed to lack in the "sauce" department. I felt like it could have used something more for flavor. If I was to make it again I would get creative and add something for a bit of a kick.


Do you have a great beef pepper steak recipe? Care to share?

Enjoy the rest of your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment